There’s some myth that doing it “right” means doing it all yourself. If you’re running your own business, it feels like wearing all of those hats all the time. Not only is it going to make your business unproductive, but you’re also going to be full of faulty logic. If you want to succeed in all your tasks even with all of the competition out there, the solution will be this: outsource. As much as you can, whenever you can.
What should I outsource?
If you’re looking for more detail, we’ve put together a list of 7 tasks that you should outsource. These will help protect the quality of work on all of them. Not only that, they’ll make sure that you can keep your brain focused on what is most important.
- IT/Tech Support: There’s just so much that goes into IT and tech support that, unless you’re in the industry of it yourself, it’s always best to outsource it. This protects your professional reputation as much as it protects your customers, too. So make sure that you choose to hire the right professionals to help you out. From security to glitches and patches and more, it all adds up. Outsource whatever you can and let someone else worry about troubleshooting.
- Financing/Accounting/Payroll: Finances take a lot of effort. They need to be done right since they align so closely with the law and tax season. Whether yours are straightforward or not, you’ll want to dedicate time and attention. And you’ll want it done by people who do it for a living. The thing is, too, that it all can take a lot of sheer time and focus. Do you have the time or energy to dedicate to it? Of course not. The pros will keep your business systems going.
- Customer service and admin: Customer service will make or break you. When you want to make sure that you have your best people, the best choice is to hire them! Their services are reasonably priced, as they should also fit your kind of need. The same goes for admin work. From filing to essential admin services, it’ll be reassuring to have all of those responsibilities off of your plate.
- Branding and website design: This is critical to making sure that your online business stands out. It’s not something that you’ll want to take on yourself unless you are fully trained. Outsource branding and website design tasks—ideally to the same team—so that you can have a cohesive and logical consistency. On top of that, they will entirely be focused on what you want to create. You are the “what,” after all, not the “how.”
“It’s not something that you’ll want to take on yourself unless you are fully trained. Outsource branding and website design tasks—ideally to the same team—so that you can have a cohesive and logical consistency. “
- Marketing: From advertising to sponsors to SEO and more, you’ll need to have a team of digital marketing specialists. They are sure to offer creative support, right there, ready to help you out. You’ll love the idea that you can get top-level marketing experts on hand to help you out, too. They’ll have all of the best ideas. Bonus points if you choose one that is going to have a strategist on staff. These are professionals who will assist you in developing a marketing strategy. So look forward to them making your brand look even better than you could have dreamed.
- Graphics and design: Creative support also takes part in something as visual as graphics and design. Whether it’s for brochures, logotypes, or even the footprint of your website, you’ll want to outsource it. Now, all you have to do when the time comes is to put it all into action is have the final sign-off. Convenient and effective.
- Social media management: Truly, social media is the way to you get the exposure you need and deserve. You’ll want to have someone experienced in social media, specifically on a particular platform where you want to grow. Add a content plan and calendar in place so that you know it’s getting out to your people on time!
There are more tasks that you can outsource if you wish. But you’ll find that these top 7 tasks are the ones others look back on and wish they had done sooner! So, if you want to stay ahead of the competition while also maintaining a sense of integrity in all aspects of your business, outsourcing is, without a doubt, one of the best ways to do so!
Plus, you have to admit that having the right people on board will take a weight off your mind. In business, that peace of mind is going to do a lot for you. That also means that you’ll be able to enjoy some downtime, too. At All Out Virtual, we believe that rest is important not just to the body but to your mind and soul, too. Doing so refreshes your vision for the future and ignites your creativity. Now, are you ready to see if we’re your ‘right people’? Who knows, maybe then you can get yourself that well-deserved R&R with your loved ones after we get you onboard.